A group of Jews and friends who stand uncompromisingly for the right to keep and bear arms — and the entire Bill of Rights.
- That the right to keep and bear arms is a lifesaving civil right.
- That firearms are crucial genocide-prevention tools.
- That an armed and informed citizenry is necessary to prevent or defeat tyranny.
- That the right to self-defense is innate; that it was granted to us by G-d or Nature. It was not given to us by government, and it cannot rightly be taken away by government.
- That the U.S. Bill of Rights codified pre-existing freedoms owned by all men and women; that the Second Amendment guards the other nine amendments; but that all rights expressed in that great Bill are vital.
- That principles must never, ever be compromised. Compromise may be fine for strategy, but when you give up principles, you’ve already surrendered everything that matters.
We aim to be a consistent, unyielding voice for keeping and bearing arms. We will keep a close eye on both the enemies of our rights and the compromising “friends” of the Second Amendment who try to sell us out while pretending to be our allies. And we will answer them.
We may speak on other topics, but everything we do will revolve around gun rights as civil rights and firearms as genocide preventors.
We are individuals who will bring our own interests and perspectives to the work we do for The Zelman Partisans; but we are all committed to liberty without compromise.
Aaron founded JPFO in 1989 to be a hardcore, educational, predominantly Jewish voice for the right to keep and bear arms. JPFO also often expressed Aaron’s own creatively quirky voice. After he died in December of 2010, his organization stumbled and nearly went under. Although it eventually began to come back strong under new leadership, in 2014 its board made a secret deal to sell JPFO off to the The Second Amendment Foundation, whose philosophy and style are the opposite of Aaron’s.
The Zelman Partisans is our first response. Most of The Zelman Partisans were connected in some way to JPFO during Aaron’s lifetime. We will not let Aaron’s philosophy — the philosophy to which we are all also committed — be watered down, betrayed, or “disappeared.” We will stand by it and carry it unswervingly into the future.
The fine print: We named ourselves in honor of Aaron Zelman and the work he began. The name of this organization is a tribute and a recognition. No member of the Zelman family is part of this group, nor do we claim any association with Aaron’s living heirs.