Category Archives: “News Media”

Chag Pesach Samach 2018, Happy Passover

Ahh, Pesach! The holiday that commemorates the ending years of slavery in Egypt.

How many years in slavery? I’ll refer you to Chabad for that explanation.

But after years of living in a country where your life was valued as cheap, the children left. Time served, onto a new life in your homeland.

When you are at the Pesach Seder it is supposed to be as though you were there, on that night. It’s part of your history, part of your life story. Then Pharaoh decided good help is hard to come by, and he is going to chase the Hebrews down and dispatch them. Either back to work or _____. You know, one might have thought the year or so of plagues would have given him a clue. But some are just so blinded by hate they are will to sacrifice their own people to achieve their goals of killing Jews.

And this year in Israel, it seems somethings may not really change all that much. I think obama’s and soros’s community organizing friends had buddies within Hamass. I guess Hamass has been looking at all the left-wing “marches” that have been taking place in America with envy. Because they decided to have their very own! Yep, a “million man Gazan march” for the “right of return”. Mind you, Gaza is Jew free, there are no Jews in Gaza, not since 2005 when the IDF pulled Jews from their homes in Gaza and shipped them out in compliance with the final phase of the Oslo accords signed in 1994. So basically Gaza is your two state solution. Already there done deal. But, it’s not enough. You can read a nice summary of the history here.

So, the million muslim man march. Except it wasn’t. It was a photo-op made for a gullible world. And the media bought it hook, line and sinker.

According to the IDF, they were short a few people, the IDF estimates it at about 30,000. But, it’s not for lack of “recruitment” on the part of hamass. A seven-year-old girl was sent by Hamas into Israel, to face the IDF forces stationed along the border fence with Gaza.

Hamass had been warned not to try to breech the fence. Hamass said the only solution is “The Right of Return” and the plan was to simply swamp the border fence and the IDF stationed there with a mass of people. Putting women and children first, of course. Being the cowards they are.

Hamass was warned ahead of time, not to riot and not to try the border fence.

But I think Paula Stern has a better idea. Change the IDF Rules of Engagement

She points out what is at stake,

The leadership of Gaza wants them to overwhelm our soldiers in sheer numbers with the goal of getting as many of those “men” across the border. Armed with whatever they can bring – guns, knives, explosives, axes, they have one order only. Should any of these attackers manage to circumvent our border, they have instructions to kill. Anything. Whatever. Have a nice time.

And what should be the response? Now, at once.

And the moment, that individual touches the fence – that’s it, really – just TOUCHES the fence, our forces have orders to shoot to kill. No, we will not yell out “STOP!” in Arabic and English and Hebrew. We will not fire in the air. Forget firing at their legs. Shoot to kill.

And she is correct, Hamass are armed. There was a firebomb stash found along the Gazan border. As well as other weapons.

This was a peaceful march just like the ones America saw that attempted to burn down cities.

The million man? march

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Falestinian Authority has admitted they are a terrorist organization, and Hamass is even worse.

It’s difficult to say how many Gazans have been sent to their death by Hamass to achieve the desired result for the media and the U.N. Partly because of the efforts of Pallywood that the media always falls for. But one source says 25, I think it’s more by now. Pallywood? You don’t know? Well, here is a photo in fine Pallywood style and a video. Two different incidents. Both are from Israellycool and Dave points out problems with both. Things that one would have thought the photographers from the mainstream media would have had enough intellectual curiosity to look further, but I guess not.

The U.N. security council of course, felt compelled to hold a meeting over the sovereign nation of Israel being invaded by a terrorist organization. Naw, just kidding, in the spirit of the UN, they scheduled the meeting for the first night of Pesach.

“The State of Kuwait, with full knowledge that our Permanent Mission, Israel, and Jews everywhere were observing the first night of Passover, hijacked the consultations, forced an open session and invited the Palestinian delegation to present remarks that they had been advised to prepare well in advance. Israel was not given the same advance notice and was barred from taking part in the deliberations due to the observance of our religious holiday,” wrote Ambassador Danon.

The ever impartial UN was all set to release a statement on the riots, which the U.S. blocked, thankfully, as it seems all the statement was concerned about was that Hamass sent people to be killed and the IDF was forced to do so. Are they worried about the invasion? Meh, not so much.

But the UN plays a part in the riots in and of itself. They too want and encourage them through UNRWA. In fact, UNRWA officials have said that the “Right of Return” will be achieved by force.

You know who is chiming in loudly about this? Erdogan of Turkey. Erdogan Calls Israel A “Terrorist State” After “Inhumane Attack” In Gaza. Yep, he has had a plenty to say about this.

Turkey’s president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan accused Israel of being a “terrorist state and occupier,” and its army of “inhuman cruelty” in its crackdown on Palestinian protesters.

“Oppressor Israel and its army are only courageous against the oppressed in Gaza, Jerusalem, they are cowards when it comes to facing others,” Erdogan said at a ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) congress in the southern province of Adana on April 1, addressing Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu according to Turkey’s Hurriyet.

Oh yes, the man who is attacking the Kurds who are fighting ISIS has a plenty to say about the Gaza riots.

And I suppose if a people would know about genocides, it would be the Turks. The Armenian Genocide for example. This is what that genocide looked like. And the shameful commemoration of that event by the muslim brotherhood in Washington DC. Muslim Brotherhood To Commemorate Genocidal Jihad At DC’s National Cathedral This was in 2014, during obama’s reign, and he never would call it genocide either.

Daniel Pipes wrote Why Palestinians Need an Israel Victory

I shall propose an entirely different approach to resolve the conflict, a reversion to the strategy of deterrence and victory associated with Zionism’s great strategist, Vladimir Jabotinsky (1880-1940): Israel should aim not to please its enemies but to defeat them. Counterintuitively, I shall show why Palestinians need precisely such an Israel Victory to slough off their current oppression, extremism, and violence, and to become a successful people.

The whole column is very good.

But you can’t imagine a sovereign nation under threat of invasion by a large group of people.

For the second straight day, Trump took to Twitter to attack Mexico for allowing the 1,500-strong group to march unimpeded toward the United States, their daily progress mapped out by US media.

And like the “peaceful” Gazans, they have their demands.

“We demand of the Mexico and the United States: that they respect our rights as refugees and our right to dignified work to be able to support our families,” the statements reads.

The second demand is “that they open the borders to us because we are as much citizens as the people of the countries where we are and/or travel.”

Um, no. But we will soon be facing a similar situation, and the world will judge us as harshly.

But today, Israel is a free, sovereign nation that came from 12 tribes that went into Egypt and came out as that one nation, as one people that received the Torah from Moshe who received it from G-d

Moses ascended Mount Sinai, and G‑d spoke to him the following words (Exodus 19:3-6): “So shall you say to the house of Jacob and tell the sons of Israel. You have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and [how] I bore you on eagles’ wings, and I brought you to Me. And now, if you obey Me and keep My covenant, you shall be to Me a treasure out of all peoples, for Mine is the entire earth. And you shall be to Me a kingdom of princes and a holy nation.”

We are one.

So I have two songs for you this Pesach season. This one I sing almost every day, even though poorly, because I love it, and well, really it applies. It has subtitles.

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinteresttumblrmail

Well, Let’s Just Call It What It Is, Shall We?

I’ve been intending to do another column on the reaction to the school shooting because there is just so much there that feels, well, off. But then, well, I’ll get to that.

There were of course the things that tell you how very important ending violence is to some of these respectful teenagers.

And these kids are trying to convince us we don’t need guns to protect ourselves, huh. Notice, they were only suppose to be out of class for 17 minutes. A lot can happen very fast in a short period of time, especially when there is a large group committed to mayhem.

One of the writers at The Victory Girls blog has a daughter who didn’t walk out and she gives her account of how the day went, and the walkout.

But these “marches” must be absolutely critical to saving future lives. Because Baltimore Can’t Afford to Heat Schools, But is Paying $100k to Bus Students to Gun Control Rally

The mayor of Baltimore is receiving much-deserved criticism after she allocated $100,000 to bus students to a gun control rally in Washington D.C. later this month. The reason for the criticism is founded in the fact that students froze all winter long because the mayor says they have no money to fix the slew of broken heaters.

…….

Fast forward to March, and all of the sudden—in spite of claiming they have no money—the mayor has miraculously pulled $100,000 out of nowhere to bus thousands of students to a gun control rally in Washington D.C.

“America needs to hear the voices of the young people of Baltimore,” Pugh told the students before announcing the city’s plan to fund the trip to the “March for Our Lives” rally in Washington, D.C., on March 24.

The $100,000 will pay for 60 buses, free t-shirts, boxed lunches and other amenities for a few thousand students who signed up to go to the rally.

Huh, the heck ya say?

But that Baltimore mayor has some interesting idea of how city funds should be spent, and to whom they should be allocated. So parents with frozen kids? Just realize that your frozen kid isn’t really that important except as a political pawn. Baltimore mayor announces taxpayer-funded defense fund for illegal immigrants

Judicial Watch reported last week that the city panel approved spending $200,000 for the month of March as a way to pay for lawyers representing illegal immigrants with deportation orders. Pugh said in a local news report that the goal is for everyone to receive due process.

$100,000 here, $200,000 there and pretty soon you’re talking some real money.

Now some schools in Pennsylvania realize that perhaps the horrible will happen there, and the kids and teachers should have something they could do to maybe save their lives.

Pa. school district arms teachers, students with buckets of rocks in case of shooting. Well, I suppose it’s not like it hasn’t been successful before. I’m not one of them that is going to mock the superintendent for coming up with the idea. The liberals insist they throw books at them, so rocks are a step up from that.

But let’s not have armed guards, oh no. Schools are no place for guns. Until they are. Like the stabbing rampage in Pennsylvania leaving 21 injured. Or the failed “mass shooting” in Maryland when officer Blaine Gaskill heard the gunfire, and unlike the “law enforcement” of Coward County, he didn’t “form up outside” he rushed in and ended it. Two wounded at that shooting, the attempted murderer is dead.

These things must be happening every week right? No, not so much. Not for the amount of haste with which the children are demanding the rights of law abiding citizens be shredded. Even the left-wing NPR admits it. NPR: Parkland Attack Was Horrible but There Is No School Shooting Epidemic

So what’s up with all of this? Well, yesterday I was peacefully eating my cheese and jalapeño omelet and perusing a copy of March 2018 Israel Today. And there it was. The answer. In a article written by Dr. Tsvi Sadan (TS). Am I name dropping if I say I’ve met him? It’s an article on Psychological Warfare. Psy Ops. Do you think I’m being melodramatic? Let me plug in some of Dr. Tsvi’s questions to Ron Schleifer (RS). He is a teacher of psychological warfare at Ariel University and is one of Israel’s foremost experts in the field. He founded the Ariel Research Center for Defense and Communications.

Beautiful Ariel

 

 

 

 

 

 

Guesses where this was taken?

So let’s get to it shall we? First, a note, I am not typing it out verbatim. But rather the cliff notes version. Nor am I giving you all the questions, just the ones I think relevant to the topic.

TS: Define psychological warfare.

RS: The enemies use of non-violent methods against it’s rival during war time or armed conflict to achieve it’s own objectives. This definition excludes domestic and other civil disputes from the psychological operations (PO).

TS: It seems Israel is shying away from PO and propaganda in general.

RS: It is, the government is preoccupied with public diplomacy, and the idea of conscience-changing, a wonderful invention of Karl Marx. Rather than argue based on facts and reason, Marx sought to change the conscience with aggressive sermonizing. The tactic is to shout first, and shout loudest, and thereby gain the upper hand.

TS: How does PO work in the social arena?

RS: Unlike espionage, which seeks to collect information, PO exploits human weakness to disperse information. It abuses peace, democracy and morality for political ends. It’s very clever, because who wants to oppose peace or morality? The question, of course, is what morality means. And here is where the shouting and money come into play. You will win the day if you are the first to finance a shouting campaign that defines what morality is.

Ok, let me start throwing things in here.

And here is where he shouting and money come into play

How did all the marches get coordinated so fast? And who is footing the bill? The ever wonderful Daniel Greenfield has done quite a lot of digging, Daniel has. Who Runs March for Our Lives?

This is truly a follow the money article, here’s a niblet, but reading the whole article is well worth it.

Who are those people? A leaked document reveals that the March for Our Lives Action Fund is actually overseen by six directors and is incorporated in Delaware.

So far we have Los Angeles, New York and Delaware, but not Florida.

And the next bit?

It abuses peace, democracy and morality for political ends.

What could possibly be gained from all these fired up political pawns, and all these supportive adults? Alluded to in the Victory Girls blog article above.

Democrats Reveal The REAL Reason for ‘March for Our Lives,’ and It’s Bad

Yep, it’s bad for a Constitutional Republic. A big part of the March for our lives was the massive Demoncratic voter drive going on. It seems you couldn’t swing a dead possum without hitting a mess of Demoncratic voter registration people set up registering the future Demoncrats. Teachers were tweeting about taking students to the “march” and getting them registered to vote Demoncrat. Crowd photos and Twitter screen shots are in the article.

Back to Dr. Tsvi and Ron.

TS: Are pro-Palestinian Israeli NGOs being manipulated?

RS: Of course. Take for example Jibril Rajoub, former head of Palestinian security forces an current head of the Palestinian Football Association. This is a man who mercilessly tortured untold numbers of fellow Palestinians, but who is now sought out by peace seeking Israelis. Under the guise of his new benign position……Not everyone can detect the cynicism, and if you are a kindred spirit, you will be converted. This is a honey trap few can resist.

Ok, we have politicians saying guns have no place in schools. We have idiot dumber than dog crap Republicans who think female teachers are “scared” of firearms and so shouldn’t be given the choice. And then there are those precious little political pawns being used in the demoncrats of the future round up. They just can’t see law abiding citizens divested of their Constitutional rights, and G-d given rights to self defense stripped away fast enough to suit them. They wouldn’t be caught within 5 miles of a gun! Evil machines of death, the only purpose is to kill, right Little Hogg? He’s the son of Boss Hogg, right?

Not everyone can detect the cynicism, and if you are a kindred spirit, you will be converted. This is a honey trap few can resist

Does anyone remember hearing about a school called Sidwell Friends?

Described as “the Harvard of Washington’s private schools”,the school has educated children of notable politicians, including those of several presidents. Both of former United States President Barack Obama’s daughters, Sasha and Malia, and former Vice President Joe Biden’s grandchildren attend the school. President Theodore Roosevelt’s son Archibald, Richard Nixon’s daughter Tricia, Bill Clinton’s daughter Chelsea Clinton, and Vice President Al Gore’s son, Albert Gore III, graduated from Sidwell Friends.

You know, that’s a lot of very anti-self-defense politicians kids that went there. There have been comments made down through the years, that Sidwell friends has armed guards. There is quite a interesting article on that Does the Sidwell Friends School Have Armed Guards? So, the children of anti-self-defense politicians are worth something, their lives are worth protecting. Your kids? Meh, not so much. The little liberty thieves might want to chew that one over.

The march was held in D.C. which is basically big gun free zone, so at least the political pawns and future Demoncrat voters didn’t have to worry a gun might just “go off” like the news media convinces them guns do. Um, well, apparently as political pawns, and when big ticket people are there, they are worthy of protection. NARRATIVE FAIL: Tons Of ‘Good Guys With Guns’ Protecting #MarchForOurLives Gun Control Rally

Again.

Not everyone can detect the cynicism, and if you are a kindred spirit, you will be converted. This is a honey trap few can resist

So, let’s just call this what it probably is, shall we? This is Psychological Warfare, I believe, straight from Marx and Alinsky. They define moral as disarmed and defenseless. Waiting for the government to come and save them from a threat. Like the school in Florida did. There was a tweet sent to TZP by someone who appeared to be a young girl by her profile picture that informed us it was inconceivable that a Jew in the 21st Century would need to “prove” themselves by owning a gun. I replied she had confused “proving” with “protecting”.

At the end of the interview Dr. Tsvi states Israeli society can be driven to civil war, and it’s our government’s responsibility to avert this threat.

Israel is not America, I will not even attempt to speak for Israeli society, but will merely say I believe in America, it is OUR, as in U.S. the citizens responsibility. Because most assuredly, I do believe this is what they are after, a civil war. It may bother them that we have guns, because they intend at some near future point to be in control of the government and perhaps they then plan to turn it’s guns on us.

Some wag commented since these children are so brilliant when they get done solving this, we need to ask them what to do about North Korea.

These children have been failed on a lot of levels. Their parents didn’t teach them you don’t always get your way. So they think public displays of temper tantrums are an expression of their “brilliance”. They have been failed by a fawning media eager to advance their own objectives and are using these pawns as props in their narrative. Few even handed journalists have talked to them. They are failed by politicians with taxpayer-funded security, who’s children perhaps go or went to a protected school. They have been failed by their indoctrinators who didn’t really teach them. They didn’t teach them history, or to think. They used the impressionable children to indoctrinate them.

And the result? When you virtue signal Lil Boss Hogg, you may be signaling more than you realize. But then you wouldn’t know anything about that, would you?

Virtue Signal

 

 

 

 

 

We DO.

You see, we remember very well, and we will stayed armed. We do it for our children.

 

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinteresttumblrmail

NA MSD: The Cowardice of Their Conviction

The Parkland students “working” for gun control mass human/civil rights violations want to have a rational discussion of their goals, without “threats”:

Parkland shooting survivors say the NRA is “basically threatening” them
“They’ve been instigating things,” Gonzalez added. “And then, when we reply, they like shy back away. They can dish it out but they can’t take it.”

“Instigating.” Remind me again of who is calling innocent people murderers. “Instigating” is responding to false accusations and rights violations?

Grow up.

Never Again MSD was offered a a chance to state their goals, to describe the laws they think will accomplish them. The Zelman Partisans gave them the opportunity to have published a detailed column, without any redactions, edits, or commentary. Since it seemed unlikely they’d see that offer on our web site, we also reached out to them multiple times through emails, Twitter, Facebook, and even gab.ai. Their response?

-crickets-

So we tried again.

-crickets-

It occurred to me that, having grown accustomed to accommodating moderators and “journalists” prompting them, they might need a little help focusing. I reached out yet again with a request for a simple email interview. It wouldn’t even be interactive, where I could spring surprise questions on them. I provided a list of prepared questions to which they could provide carefully crafted answers without time pressure.

-crickets-

Please note that I have been unable to determine a single person authorized to speak for Never Again MSD, which provides them with deniability when some Parkland student who self-identifies as NA MSD makes vague, ludicrous, and irresponsible statements.

But perhaps I’m being unfair. After all, these are students who may be busy with cla… oh. Wait. These are former students who claim they won’t return to classes until our rights are shredded.

Still, they do seem to keep busy, with oddly nonadversarial interviews, in which the ” the moderator did not stop to challenge in what amounted to a circus show.”

David Hogg says white privilege is one of the biggest obstacles he’s faced in his anti-gun agenda,

…says the white kid getting a pass from the media.

Cameron Kasky says mass shootings like Parkland “happen everyday.”

…says one of the founders of NA MSD, who one might think speaks officially for the group. And who is blissfully unaware that school shootings are down. Even leftist NPR knows that.

“We’re the mass shooting generation,” Cameron Kasky says

Really? Then stop doing that.

Or maybe you’re worried about this guy.

Those EYES

These students do have time for interviews, or to pen a column outlining their… beliefs. But somehow they will only spend that time with over-friendly venues that won’t point out their empirical lack of clothes. Venues and “journalists” who enable their ignorance.

They’re afraid of being questioned, of being called out on facts. Afraid of anything but basking in their 15 minutes of lamestream media adoration.

That they won’t even try to state their goals with clarity and specificity indicates that they know they are pushing bullshit. They even refuse to name a spokesman who can be held to account.

The cowardly little schoolyard truant bullies enjoy their life of lies too much to bravely face a less accepting commentariat.

Their only real convictions are that they are entitled to abuse and accuse the innocent, to trample on rights, and cry when someone disagrees.


[And poor little David Hogg appears to be giving up on going to college…

…what with all those rejection letters. Perhaps those colleges saw your interviews and concluded that you’re not very bright, and likely to be a campus troublemaker. That your education to date is inadequate for collegiate studies. Possibly even, they realized that under Florida law skipping too many days of class makes you ineligible for a diploma, and won’t waste a college slot on a drop-out. Funny thing…

Back in the day, I applied to several colleges. I was accepted by all of them. I went to then-Southwestern at Memphis on a partial scholarship. And I wasn’t a “brilliant” young “victim” on whose words CNN clung.]


Carl is an unpaid TZP volunteer. If you found this post useful, please consider dropping something in his tip jar. He could seriously use the money, what with truck repairs and bills.

paypal_btn_donateCC_LG


Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinteresttumblrmail

Losing the War?

I read a lot of RKBA news. Seriously: A lot. (And that matters, as you’ll see.)

One theme that started popping up last week is the idea that RKBA advocates are somehow losing the culture war.

If you read the national news (or watch television, or get your news from mainstream web sites), that’s an easy conclusion to reach. So long as you don’t look too closely.

As I said, I read a lot of news. I must, to put together the weekly TZP news summary. Besides my casual browsing, I use several pre-built news searches on a variety of terms. The terms were selected to produce headlines from various points of view.

Probably 90% of the actual results reflect only one point of view; that RKBA is losing. You see it in “news” reports and Letters to the Editor (LtE) alike. You see it in polls and surveys.

And it’s BS.

Not to defend the NRA, but did you see the “news” story “Lawyer who worked for NRA said to have had concerns about group’s Russia ties”? So the NRA’s lawyer is worried about collusion?

Nope: Mitchell told McClatchy in an email that any suggestion she has concerns about the NRA’s Russia connections is a “complete fabrication.” But to learn that, you have to get past the false headline and two paragraphs of innuendo.

Or this oldie-butgoodie bullshit: “The NRA has blocked gun violence research for 20 years. Let’s end its stranglehold on science.” Absolutely factually wrong headline. Folks who routinely rely on the LA Times to inform them will have no basis to understand that the CDC was stopped from advocating and promoting gun control, and the funding they “lost” was the money they’d diverted from research, thus proving they didn’t need it. But try writing an LtE to correct that lie.

I’ve been writing LtEs on firearms-related topics for decades. Offhand, I can only recall two being published. One was a recent letter to the Texas Wilson County News in which I congratulated the publisher for getting facts right.

I have to go back to the mid-1990s for the only other published LtE: It ran in the Saint Louis Post-Dispatch. I opened to the Op/Ed page and found they’d run two letters side by side, to reflect “both sides” of the discussion. The pro-RKBA letter was… sad. An embarrassment to RKBA. Poor grammar, unfortunate word choices, incorrect statistics. You name it, that guy got it wrong, and I was pissed because I’d sent a letter covering everything that clown had, but I got it right. But I kept reading.

And found that crappy excuse for a pro-RKBA letter over my own name. They edited it to make pro-Second Amendment types look like idiots. They edited it so heavily — changing even facts — that I couldn’t recognize it as my own. I had to dig out my personal file copy and match paragraph to published paragraph to see that they’d followed my sequence. Sort of.

I protested. Nothing.

I threatened. Nothing.

I recently wrote another LtE to a local paper, objecting to falsehoods in another letter. They refused to publish it. The publisher claimed she could “correct” the falsehoods by printing a “correction” elsewhere.

She didn’t.

We are not losing the war. Yet. But we have lost the media battle. The editorial gatekeepers will not let our truly representative views be seen.

Polls/surveys? Same thing. Gallup claims “Americans Widely Support Tighter Regulations on Gun Sales”. To hear them tell it, 96% of Americans want universal background checks; 95% of gun owners. 75% of all Americans want a 30 day waiting period on all firearms purchases.

You couldn’t get 96% of all Americans to decide on vanilla ice cream over frozen feces, if only because of the jokers answering the phones. Certainly no state has ever come within 30 points of that figure in real elections or referendums.

So how do they get those numbers? Sometimes it’s through careful question selection, but that’s a crude technique, mostly abused by outright push-polls. The pro’s trick is weighting. That’s where you expect a bias in answers due to statistical clumping in the random selection of respondents, so you adjust the numbers to compensate. Real statisticians will do that for specific reasons.

(And what happens with “unscientific” Internet surveys; the ones where respondents aren’t carefully selected and “weighted”? Pretty much the exact opposite. The truth is somewhere in between.)

But if a pollster finds he’s getting too many pro-RKBA answers, out of proportion to the blue-city urban responses, and has to adjust…

Adjusting is exactly the wrong response. That’s deciding what the “right” result is before starting and faking the results to match preconceptions. If your “random” respondent selection was properly random, then the respondents should average out to represent — proportional to population — America. No need to “weight.” And to be sure, you randomly select another pool of respondents and run a second survey with exactly the same questions. Think of it as reproducing experimental results in real science.

Instead, we get nonsensical, proven-wrong (UNH survey in NH claimed 94% of residents wanted universal PPYI; when the Dems tried, they were voted out by large margins) 96% percent propaganda. (And kudos to the Crime Prevention Research Center for trying to conducted accurate surveys and analysis; statistics is inherently imprecise, so errors occur, but they try.)

The media gatekeepers have won the battle to inform the uninformed. They will not allow a proper defense of human/civil rights, an understanding of existing laws, or what already failed. The faked surveys become believable because, “Well, I never see anyone saying different in the news.” Convenient, that.

We have sites like this, and other bloggers and dedicated firearms sites rarely seen by those who don’t already share our interest. A few allies at services like Breitbart. Inconsistent, occasional support from Fox. The occasional local paper with severely limited circulation. If anyone can even find them, what with Google censoring bad-think search results, even shopping searches.

Social media? Are you still on anti-gun Facebook?

Big media has control. By blocking almost all positive discussion of firearms-related human/civil rights, they make appear there are none. Honest gun owners can be demonized, making it that much more likely that the deliberately ill-informed will support that much more erosion of rights. After all, only handful of radicals want those rights… they’re told, unaware of what they aren’t told.

At best, my writing here at The Zelman Partisans is preaching to the choir. More like shouting into an echo chamber.

Or a void.

Frankly, I’ve stared too long into the abyss. It’s a staredown.

But the choir doesn’t want me to say it’s hopeless. You want answers. Preferably quick, easy answers.

Sorry to disappoint.

Short of brainwashing Soros et al into channeling mass quantities of money into fact-based, unbiased, professional — as opposed to the current crop of “journalists” who decry their innocence in false reporting by exclaiming, “But it’s my job to report what [insert authority figure] said. It isn’t my place to question them.” — reporting, and the advertising necessary to make people aware of the news source, the media battle will lead to the culture loss already being decried.

The NRA can’t do it. They’re already the designated demon to the ignorant, and traitors to informed gun owners.

I can’t do it. I’m struggling to pay bills, without running up expenses chasing down leads or paying for honest surveys, or building a high traffic web site to pass that info along. Education like this is part of what The Zelman Partisans was created to do, but still lacks the resources to reach far enough.

Gun Owners of America can’t do it. They’re already reaching as far as they can, while pushing pro-rights legislation and law suits.

55,000,000 to 120,000,000 gun owners, and we can’t cough up a buck a piece per year to create a loud enough voice of truth. Hell, I’d settle for enough to buy an editor or two in major markets, the way the victim disarmament side has done.


Carl is an unpaid TZP volunteer. If you found this post useful, please consider dropping something in his tip jar. He could seriously use the money, what with truck repairs and bills.

paypal_btn_donateCC_LG


Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinteresttumblrmail

Julie B. at FOX NEWS ate the Tide Pods

So I got an interesting, if slightly outraged message tonight.

Did you hear what that chick on FOX said tonight?

Um, just finished up a lovely Shabbat, reading a good book, drinking some good coffee and not watching TV. You’re going to ruin my good mood aren’t you? Yep.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5744551412001/?#sp=show-clips

It would seem some newscaster, I don’t watch decided to go full auto stupid. Yes, indeed, that is a tiny little joke. Some news personality on FOX news decided to speak authoritatively on guns and the Second Amendment. Indeed, she spoke with great authority, with facts? Not so much.

She starts out with it’s the right of every US Citizen, ok, good start Julie. The the effect of the Tide pods sets in. It’s the responsibility of lawmakers to prevent those who “don’t deserve the right to own one” from getting them. It’s not an infringement on the Second Amendment to stop arming the mentally ill. She realizes some will ask “how do you determine who is mentally ill?” But she says it goes past mentally ill.

Um, Julie, when did you decide to hate Veterans, and do you kneel during the National Anthem as well?

The VA is restricting veterans’ gun rights without due process

The VA, in making the determination that a veteran requires a fiduciary to help them manage their money, is additionally making the decision that the veteran cannot handle a firearm, either. The VA is not conducting an evaluation to determine whether a veteran is a threat to himself or herself or others, requiring a medical determination verifying the veteran is displaying signs of violence, or notifying the veteran his or her Second Amendment rights are being eliminated. The VA simply reports the veteran to the federal National Instant Criminal Background Check (NICS) system and makes the “mentally defective” judgment of the veteran by default.

She has the novel idea that background checks should include criminal records!!

Wow, Jules, what a concept!

And any history of violence or drug abuse!

Lautenberg Amendment

Great idea Jules, maybe they could like have some kind of form the could fill out before they buy a gun and answer those questions. Like questions 12 b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i for example. Check out form 4473 Julie, listed for your convenience below.

4473

And they should require training. In Israel for example you need a doctor’s note proving no history of mental illness and drug abuse. You must also demonstrate you can use your gun at a firing range before you can take it home with a limited supply of bullets. I think she actually meant the whole cartridge though. Um, Julie from Israel Give the Good Guys Guns. Then she wisely explains to us that a correctly aimed bullet does what it is supposed to do. There doesn’t need to be thirty. Then she lectures us to think for a second, does an American need an assault weapon to protect themselves, target shoot or provide food for their family?

Gee Julie, I’m a little uncertain, what exactly is an “assault weapon”?

 

The she informs us we’re not applying for a driver’s license here. No kidding? Cars and Trucks as Weapons of Terror Um, Julie, perhaps you could clarify for me which of the Amendments in the Bill of Rights that you never studied in school involves transportation?

Then she rattles on that just like our police and military get the proper training to use the weapons, so should civilians. I think she is unaware that unless a state has Constitutional carry you do have to pass a test to get a concealed carry endorsement.

Then she sanctimoniously lectures us that owning a gun is a right, but it is our responsibility to carry one responsibly. Obviously from her New York ivory tower she is unaware that gun owners and concealed carry holders are some of the most responsible people out there.

She doesn’t seem to understand, it’s not the inanimate object that is of any threat, it is the hand that holds it.

It seems to me, our ill informed Julie is confusing you and I, law abiding gun owners with a bucket of chum who had been reported to the FIB, and the police had visited his home 39 times.

Julie, this is a law-enforcement failure because of a deal struck for money. Why don’t you investigate that? Why doesn’t that bother you?

But you did great on your cnn #FakeNews audition tonight, you’ll be great there, really.

Julie says she “wants to have a conversation about it on twitter”. @JulieBanderas ‏

Bless your heart.

 

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinteresttumblrmail

For whom does the NRA speak?

Good question. Bad answers.

While the reality is far more complex than Mr. Scott seems to “feel” (I won’t credit him with thought), the truth is that the NRA leadership does speak for very few of the 55 million to 120+ million American gun owners.

The lamestream media likes to pretend it does, out of laziness that lets them use “NRA” for “all those backwards, gun-clutching,  rednecks.” Until it suits their (and Scott’s) purpose to explain that gun owners really want a lot of infringements of their human/civil rights. Then that “radical” NRA is a bunch of out-of-touch whackos.

Let me tell you the truth about us non-NRA gun owners. A lot of us hate the NRA. Because the leadership are money-grubbing appeasers and compromisers, who use every new infringement they allow or even promote as an excuse for fundraising to “fight” that infringement.

The reality is that millions of the rest of us are armed, trained, and practiced. And we didn’t spend our hard earned dollars on guns and ammo so we could give them up.

What are you going to do about it?

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinteresttumblrmail

[UPDATE] Fun With Biased Media

Last week, a Letter to the Editor ran in a local Georgia weekly newspaper. It was the usual pro-gun control drivel, written by a but-owner who really should have known better. “But” then, so should the paper, if informing the public — rather than imposing their own bias — was their goal.

Victim disarmers have local papers (not all, thank G-d), major metropolitan papers, television, Internet sites, search engines

And they’re still afraid to give us, armed with facts, a voice. Because an informed populace is one that would toss their “buts” out into the cold.

Dear Editor,

It is time, time past due, for our congress, state legislators and the National Rifle Association to step up into a rational approach to gun legislation.

In my opinion, we need universal background checks for any gun sale whether that sale takes place at a gun shop, gun show or private transaction. If a sale takes place without a proper background check and if a crime is committed with the weapon, then the seller, show buyer or buyers are all equally guilty of the crime under the law.

In addition, citizens do not need assault weapons, extended capacity clips, sound and flash suppressors, bump stocks, smoke grenades and similar military-grade systems.

Before some readers go off on me, I do not expect, recommend or approve of the government going door to door to gather these items legally purchased. Stop the sales and encourage voluntary surrender. Legal sales of handguns, rifles and shotguns for personal protection and sport should be encouraged through training and expansion of legal gun ranges.

Yes, I am a multiple gunowner, hold a valid carry permit and hunting and fishing license.

Yes, there are other issues on the table that need to be addressed, such as better security at schools and mental health screenings, but now our legislators and the NRA need to step up and get it done.

Jan Friedman
St. Marys

-sigh- It’s so easy to make unsubstantiated claims. It takes a little longer to counter them. Which is a problem with the Tribune-Georgian, as they have a 500 word limit on LTEs. Admittedly, my letter ran 829 words.

Jan Friedman has a wishlist of gun control laws. Sadly, the list indicates ignorance of facts. Let’s consider each item:

“Universal background checks”- More accurately — if awkwardly — referred to as a prior restraint on rights by requiring one to preemptively prove one’s innocence, such checks do not work. Approximately 96% of NICS denials are in error. It may be higher, as the ATF currently has a backlog of tens of thousands of appeals. They are also pointless since the vast majority of murderers, for instance, obtain their weapons through friends, family, and blackmarket sales, completely — and unlawfully — bypassing checks. They do this because 64% of murderers have prior felony convictions (and yet are on the street). 80% of guns used in crime are stolen.

Friedman proposes penalties for firearms used in crimes for which a check was not conducted. Given the cases of the Sutherland Springs, Washington Navy Yards, Charleston church, and Parkland shootings, perhaps the penalties should be on the authorities that never reported prohibited persons to NICS, allowing the criminal and crazed to pass checks.

“Assault weapons”- Except in certain jurisdictions, of which Georgia is not one, there is no such thing. Nonetheless, long arms (rifles and shotguns) are used in a tiny fraction of crimes. The federal “assault weapons ban” of ’94 resulted in no measurable effect on crime, because, before and after passage, weapons meeting that definition were so rarely used as to be lost in the stastical noise. Surely, we can find something more effective. Nor do I think making Geogia more like California is going to find widespread favor around here.

“Extended capacity clips”- Would that be loading stripper clips? En bloc clips? Be aware that stripper clips have nothing to do with weapon capacity, and en bloc clips’ capacity is inherently limited by the weapon design. A Garand with an “extended” clips simply wouldn’t function. Perhaps Friedman needs to brush up on terminology; I can recommend the “Gun Culture Primer” at ZelmanPartisans.com.

“Sound and flash suppressors”- Friedman either is confusing terminology again, or is lumping different devices together. A flash suppressor merely helps keep muzzle flash from obstructing the user’s view (and does nothing to “hide” the flash from other observers as some misinformed people have claimed). A sound suppressor does just that, preventing hearing damage while allowing a shooter — a hunter in the field, for instance — to maintain situational awareness; knowing who and what are around you contributes to safety. Suppressors do not magically silence a firearm as in the movies; a suppressed AR-15 firing 5.56 NATO is audible hundreds of yards away (which is why an unsuppressed firearm is so damaging to hearing).

“Bump stocks”- I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that Friedman thinks “bump stocks” turn semiautomatic weapons into machineguns, or that they increase the firearm’s rate of fire; likely because CNN said so. Sadly for the news media, neither one is physically possible. Turning a rifle into a machinegun requires — illegal — modifications to the internal parts; replacing one stock with another stock cannot do that.

“Smoke grenades”- Jake’s Fireworks will be sorry to hear that. As am I, and Friedman is going to have to explain the rationale behind such a ban.

“Similar military-grade systems”- What “military-grade systems”? Semiautomatic rifles? Can Friedman point to any nation in the world that generally issues semiautomatic rifles to regular troops? That’s something of a hobby of mine, and I can’t find any country that has done so for decades. Most countries began phasing out semiautomatic rifles in the 1950s and ’60s, because they aren’t generally considered militarily useful.

Flash suppressors are common on military rifles; but they’re common… period. Sound suppressors? Not really, outside of special operations, as they add unwelcome weight and bulk to a infantryman’s already overloaded kit. Bump stocks? Tell you what; we should encourage potential opponents to equip their rifles with a stock that adds weight, doesn’t increase rate of fire, does increase malfunctions, and reduces accuracy (and for all those reasons, our military certainly doesn’t use them).

I freely admit, the military uses smoke grenades. So do young, supervised children on the Fourth of July. While I’ve heard of the occasional fatality from misued fireworks, for the life of me I can’t recall any case of death by smoke bomb on the holidays. Perhaps Friedman can help me out with that. (Sparklers, though: there was that one idiot who taped a few hundred sparklers into a tightly bundled pipe bomb and achieved an early meeting with his maker; but I saw that as Darwinian selection, evolution in action.)

America has anywhere from 55 million to 120 million guns owners who have not committed murder. We have as many as a quarter billion firearms that were not used in crimes. It’s high time victim-disarming gun controllers focused on the criminals, and stopped inflicting human/civil rights violations on the people who didn’t commit the crimes.

As expected, word length was a problem.

Your letter is measuring at 870 words. We limit all letter writers to 500 words. You’re welcome to revise and resubmit but your letter must be 500 words for publication.

Well, LibreOffice says 829, but what’s a few dozen words here or there. So I sent a new letter:

Dear Editor,

A common problem with Letters to the Editor in most newspapers is word length. When a writer pens a missive filled with misinformation, that letter can be short, consisting of nothing but brief, unsubstantiated
claims. Often blatantly false claims, which should have been caught by an attentive editor.

When an attentive readers does catch them, and wishes to debunk the misinformation, he has a problem. “Bump stocks turn gun into machineguns” is a mere six words. An explanation of why that is physically impossible, suitable for other readers who may barely realize there is a difference between semiautomatic firearms and fully-automatic, takes considerably more words.

Readers: Jan Friedman wrote a 228 word letter demonstrating a shocking lack of knowledge of firearms and related laws in someone claiming to be a CCW-licensed gunowner. The Tribune & Georgia did not want to waste 829 words on an explanation of why Friedman was factually wrong.

I am sorry that the Tribune & Georgian thinks short lies are preferable to actually informing readers.

(171 words, by the way.)

And the excrement hit the rotary atmospheric impeller. As my letter was critical of the paper itself, the editor apparently bumped it up. The next reply came from the publisher, Jill Helton.

>Mr. Bussjaeger,

I have read the letter to the editor that you submitted for publication and I have no problem publishing your criticism of our policies. However, I also want to be mindful of the claims you are making about Mr. Friedman.

The legal standard is applied to newspapers if that an editor cannot knowingly publish anything false in a letter to the editor. If we are aware of something that isn’t factual, we will correct it. I don’t claim to be a gun expert but I do not see where Mr. Friedman expressed anything factually incorrect. To me, these statements reflect his opinion. Please specifically point me to the statement or statements that you feel are factually incorrect. There other ways to make sure facts are clarified in the newspaper besides running a letter to the editor. Your letter references the statement, “Bump stocks turn (guns) into machine guns,” but Mr. Friedman did not make that statement in his letter. He only expressed that he didn’t feel citizens needed them.

I can appreciate that some topics are complex and take more words to explain, but we have to establish some limit on length because we do not have unlimited space and want to make sure we can accommodate anyone who wishes to write. If you have looked at other print newspapers, you will find our 500 words is quite a lot longer than what most other publications afford.

I do appreciate your readership and look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Jill Helton
Publisher/Editor
Tribune & Georgian
P.O. Box 6960
206 Osborne Street
St. Marys, GA 31558

(912) 882-4927 office
(912) 882-6519 fax
(912) 577-1767 cell

Somehow, I doubt she was really looking forward to it. That cried out for a response:

Ms. Helton,

It’s your paper; you can run anything you want, or not. I’m good with that. Fortunately, I have editorial privileges at multiple national outlets. I just like to reach out to my local community.

> There other ways to make sure facts are clarified in the newspaper besides running a letter to the editor.

Since I’ve offered to write free columns for T&G, and wasn’t taken up on it, I’m unaware of these “other ways.”

> I don’t claim to be a gun expert but I do not see where Mr. Friedman expressed anything factually incorrect.

“In addition, citizens do not need assault weapons, extended capacity clips, sound and flash suppressors, bump stocks, smoke grenades and similar military-grade systems.”

Assault weapons: There is no such thing in the state of Georgia.

Extended capacity clips: While one could “extend” stripper clips, it would have nothing to do with firearm capacity, and would not function as well as a normal clip; the only ones I’ve were nonfunctional novelty items ridiculing gun controllers. There is no such thing as “extended capacity” en bloc clips because that would render a firearm inoperable.

Sound suppressors: Not generally “military-grade” because the military generally doesn’t use them. Citizens should have them for the safety reasons given.

Flash suppressors: Used by the military, and by a lot of civilians
around the world; again, partially for safety reasons as they prevent
obstruction of the user’s view (not to mention keeping the flame from
flammables).

Smoke grenades: Also used by many people including children.

Bump stocks: Please note that I said I was speculating as to Friedman’s thinking. Please point out any error in my assertion that it is impossible for such to render firearms into machineguns (as is commonly claimed in the news media; note that the ATF Technical Branch came to the same conclusion as I on multiple occasions).

“Military-grade”: As used by Friedman, it has no meaning. No military in the world generally issues semiautomatic rifles (which are what are covered in those few jurisdictions that have defined “assault weapon”) to regular troops. The semiautomatic rifles used for a relatively few specialists in the US Army are _civilian_ firearms adopted by the military. The other items are mostly rarely used by the military, and more commonly used by civilians. I could have noted that some countries _require_ sound suppressors so as not to be an audible nuisance.

Additionally, I could have addressed Friedman’s “rational approach to gun legislation” by noting that doing something that already failed for ten years (The Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act of 1994,) may not be rational.

> If you have looked at other print newspapers, you will find our 500 words is quite a lot longer than what most other publications afford.

In fact, I’ve found 750 word limits to be more common, but again… your paper; run it as you wish. The last time I ran afoul of a supposed 500 word limit was in replying to a LTE in another paper than ran over 800. My reply was shorter than the original, but somehow exceeded the limit. Happily, I was able to run it in one of those aforementioned sites, where I suspect it garnered more readers anyway.

Yes, I really had offered T&G free columns at whatever frequency they might want, and any topic. That was well before this little adventure, and was not specifically about firearms or RKBA; just general interest stuff.

But oooh. Ms. Helton didn’t like that a bit:

Mr. Bussjaeger,

You are incorrect that we published a letter to the editor that exceeded the 500-word limit. We have long taken the position that the only fair policy is one that is consistently enforced. Obviously blogs and websites don’t have the same constraints on space that newspapers have, so I am not surprised that those publications have more liberal guidelines for space.

A letter to the editor or opinion column, as you can imagine, is actually the least preferable way to correct an error in the newspaper. We typically will correct errors of fact in the same part of the paper in which the error was made (in this case it would run on the editorial page, probably as an editor’s note). I am sure I could do it in less than the 300 words you used in your response to me and certainly in less than 800 words.

However, I still don’t see anything factually incorrect about Mr. Friedman’s opinion that people don’t need the items listed. His language may not be precise, but his point is clear. It sounds like you are objecting to his inclusion of certain items, but then that is your opinion and not something that requires a correction.

If you wish to contend that his opinion is not valid because he doesn’t know the appropriate terms for the items be listed or you want to argue against their inclusion in that list, then I would considering running that letter. If you want to throw stones at our editorial policies, go ahead. But I can’t let you libel Mr. Friedman in the process. It might be clear in your mind that you meant “bump stocks turn (guns) into a machine gun” as an example, but anyone who was not immediately familiar with Mr. Friedman’s letter would be left with the impression that those were his words. Then you characterize his words as “small lies” at the end of the letter. A lie is an intentional attempt to mislead and I don’t see any reasonable basis to accuse Mr. Friedman of that, based on his letter.

If you wish to submit a letter of 500 words or less that addresses the concerns I have raised, then we would consider running it.

Thanks,

Jill Helton
Publisher/Editor

Friedman’s opinion is invalid, because it’s based on factually wrong claims. He’s entitled to an opinion, but he should expect to be called out on it.

The woman who thinks Friedman’s entire LTE was factually correct can “correct” it in 300 words or less? A newspaper publisher who thinks terminology — when proposing legislation — doesn’t matter?

My reply to Helton:

On 02/27/2018 11:30 AM, Jill Helton wrote:
> Mr. Bussjaeger,
>
> You are incorrect that we published a letter to the editor that exceeded the 500-word limit.

Now, you see? That’s exemplifies the problem. You see what you want, if it supports your position.

“…in another paper…”

That was in response to your statement that 500 word limits are common.

Your paper. Print what you want, or not.

Fact: “Assault weapons” do not exist in Georgia.

Fact: “Military-grade” is a meaningless term as used by Friedman.

Fact: “Extended capacity” en bloc clips are nonexistent, and the only extended stripper clips I have ever seen are nonfunctional novelties (one might as well call for the banning of Star Trek phasers).

You — and Friedman — may not _like_ those, but facts they are.

Again, your paper. Print what you want, or not.

If there is any further correspondence, I’ll add it below.

ETA: And she’s ba-aack…

“In another paper” also could mean another edition of my newspaper. I did assume that’s what you meant since it didn’t make much sense to me that you would expect equal space in the Tribune & Georgian because an entirely different publication chose to publish a long letter.

Which called for another snarky response.

Then it made no sense for you to reference your word limit to other papers.


Carl is an unpaid TZP volunteer. If you found this post useful, please consider dropping something in his tip jar. He could use the money, what with truck repairs and bills.

paypal_btn_donateCC_LG


Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinteresttumblrmail

Firearm Trainers and Second Amendment Activists, What’s Your Reputation Worth to You?

I got an interesting email the other day. It was warning about a scam that seems to be very well funded and quite sophisticated. The goal of it seems to be to tarnish the reputation of firearms trainers and Second Amendment activists and leaders.

The set up is a documentary that is being filmed by a group calling themselves “First Freedom Television”. They say they are working on strategies to keep communities safer in the 21st century. That an Israeli security expert will be taking part, and that the “documentary” will be shown in Israel. Apparently the people that they asked to take part in it are treated to very lavish accommodations, travel expenses are paid and a driver is provided.

The first report you can read in it’s entirety here and comes from Philip Van Cleave the President of the Virginia Citizens Defense League. He said partway into the interview and demonstration his spidey senses were tingling. He said he was shown a video of a 4 year old in Israel who had used a gun to stop terrorists in his school.

….the interviewer was making claims about Israeli schools training selected children to use firearms from age 17 down to age 4 (!) as a last ditch effort in stopping a terrorist attack on a school if the teachers and security staff had been killed. The children would have codes to unlock secured firearms in such a case.

When I balked at 4-year-olds being able to do that, he showed me an alleged newscast video on his iPad. The text was in Hebrew, but with an English-speaking narration, talking about how a 4-year-old boy had indeed stopped a terrorist attack at his school. The newscast said that he killed two terrorists using his dad’s gun, which he had brought to school in his backpack to show a friend, in violation of school rules. Israeli Premier Netanyahu was touting him as a hero in the video.

Hmmm, interesting. The last time I was in Israel I talked to a very interesting man about ordinary citizens in Israel being able to concealed carry. It’s not that easy. When he moved from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv he wasn’t allowed to continue carrying his weapon. In fact, it’s really not all that easy to get a concealed carry permit, or even a gun in Israel if you’re a civilian. Of course soldiers have them, but I remember during the last intifada that they were trying to loosen restrictions so more people could get guns and carry them. Residents in Shomron (Samaria) and Judea can obtain them easier I believe, but plenty of crime happens everywhere. Of course the criminals can seem to find them anywhere, even on Har HaBayit, the Temple Mount. So.

So perhaps the 4 year olds father is in the military. I don’t know that many fathers who would leave their service weapon laying around so it could be stuffed into a backpack and taken to school. For another where would he have taught the child to shoot? Ranges are not prevalent.

In a column from 2014, Moshe Feiglin of the Zehut political party pointed out Gun Control? Or Citizen Control? Then in 2016 he called for more citizens to be allowed to carry weapons. Give the Good Guys Guns. Hopefully Moshe will be Prime Minister soon.

From there the erstwhile filmmakers wanted Mr. Van Cleave to help them make a “safety video” for children of all ages. Which involved hiding guns in stuffed toys. And making gun noises.

Mr. Van Cleave feels to point of the video is to discredit and harm Second Amendment people. He said they seem to set up near gun shows and are good at hiding their tracks. He said they were very good an mental manipulation, and seemed to have everything well thought out.

It turns out he isn’t the only one they have gone after. Ammoland got the same offer An Attack On Gun-Rights Leaders Is Underway – Spread The Word! The comments are interesting under the article as well.

The end goal was to get the victim to make a “training film” teaching 3 and 4-year-olds how to shoot guns hidden in toy animals at “bad” people, to sing little songs and make gun noises during the training to make it “fun for children,” and even teach little kids how to shoot a rocket-propelled-grenade or a squad automatic weapon at an approaching suicide bomber vehicle!

UZI-CORN?? Seriously, well, there was also “Puppy pistol”.

But the fun doesn’t end there, they are also advertising on Criagslist for “Patriotic folks” to participate in a training style docu-show for a TV series. Ammoland has screen shots.

But, back to Israel teaching 4 year olds to shoot rocket propelled grenades and guns….yeahhhh, only if you understand that Gaza IS part of Israel, AS IS Judea and Shomron. In fact, the disaster known as Gaza is pretty much what the two state solution looks like. You know, the one constantly in “humanitarian crisis”? Ok, that’s another story, they keep electing Hamass, ok, another story….

Why, Sheila, whatever do you mean?? I mean it’s not Jewish or Christian Israelis teaching their 4 year olds to kill. It’s the “piece partners”in the Gaza strip, and one has also been run in FA territory. Yep, summer terrorist camps for kids.

PICTURES: Kids at Hamas Summer Camps Learn to Shoot at Israelis

WATCH: Hamas Summer Camp Teaches Children to Storm Temple Mount and Murder ‘Zionist Pigs’

Summer Fun in Gaza: Hamas Recruits Children for Terror Camps

 

So, yeah, if you count the Muslims occupying Israeli territory, that are teachingtheir 4 year olds to kill. Ok, but you know what? That isn’t the side that this group represents itself as supporting. So this stinks. And from the people that did do interviews with this group, there is plenty that stinks.

So be aware. I keep thinking about that buffoon Michael Moore and how he tried to ambush Charlton Heston, this has that set up Soros, Bloomburg, Moore stench to it.

And as long as we’re on the subject of school safety…

I realize no sane person probably watched the cnn #FakeNews townhall for information. Entertainment purposes perhaps, comedic relief? But not really for information, because it is cnn, where they follow the script to the letter and expect their actors to do so as well. Even if they were real people who didn’t want to follow a script.

But here is some information I doubt they covered.

We know that Bucket O’ Chum had been reported to the FIB, we know that the police had visited his home 39 times, although Coward county’s finest says it was “only” 23. Well, ok, well, then.

We know that four of Coward County’s finest sheriff’s deputies coward behind their patrol cars with their pistols drawn when Coral Springs police officers rolled up on the scene. One of them, the only armed person for the school. Their resource officer was outside the building. Which of course, means Bucket O’Chum had a clear path. There was no one inside that could have stopped him, because they were keeping the children safe by being in a “gun free (except for the killers) zone”. Well, perhaps one of the deputies was a leader in the Hamas-related Council on American-Islamic Relations, he is also a Broward Co. deputy. He stays busy training the men in his local radical mollusk to shoot. So understandable why he would think the slaughter of the children is ok I suppose.

But heres one you may not be expecting. Apparently some of the school districts, starting with Miami-Dade made deals with local police departments NOT to arrest their students, well, no more than absolutely necessary. Because it makes their stats look bad. And if their stats look better, the school gets more money.

The motive was simple. The school system administrators wanted to “improve their statistics” and gain state and federal grant money for improvements therein.

It’s important to remember that this was not an arbitrary change; this was a well-planned fundamental shift in the entire dynamic of how teenagers would be treated when they engaged in criminal conduct.

In essence the thugs and criminals, misguided youth, little darlings got a free pass. And since statistics needed to continue to improve, bigger and more violent crimes had to be excused as time went on. Gangs quickly jumped on the bandwagon and began to utilize more school students for their crimes since the police most likely wouldn’t do anything about it. This came to light back after the Trayvon Martin shooting.

Which is most likely why school resource officer Petersen wouldn’t share information on Bucket O’Chum with social services or anyone else who might have put him in jail or sent him to a psychiatric ward.

Somehow, I don’t think cnn, msnbc #FakeNews or “First Freedom Television” #Fake Television also, will be doing a real townhall or “documentary” on any of that.

But above all, just remember, in a crisis, the police are just a cellphone call and only moments away….except when they aren’t.

Sheriff Scott Israel (ah, geez, really? That had to be his name?) and fast friends. Hmm, may have found the problem.

Broward Co Sheriff and buddies

 

 

 

 

 

In last weeks Parsha, in a commentary I read, the Rabbi quoted Rabbi Jonathan Sacks. He talked about how Moshe told the children Do not despise an Egyptian, because you were strangers in his land. (Deut. 23:8), but of the Amalekites Moshe commands, “Remember.” “Do not forget.” “Blot out the name.” In Exodus the Torah says that “G-d shall be at war with Amalek for all generations” (Ex. 17:16). The Rabbi raises the question “Why the difference”?

Short version, because the Egyptians had a reason for fearing the Israelites, they were growing to be many and to be powerful. They feared if they were ever attacked the Israelites would join with the invaders. But the Amalekites? They attacked the weak and stragglers that were of no threat.

When hate is rational, based on some fear or disapproval that – justified or not – has some logic to it, then it can be reasoned with and brought to an end. But unconditional, irrational hatred cannot be reasoned with. There is nothing one can do to address it and end it. It persists.

I would maintain that the anti-gun leftists, the Soros and Bloomburg groups are Amalekites. They will NEVER be satisfied with compromise on a right. They will just keep coming back and demanding more. No matter how many innocent people have to die they will just keep pushing the lie. No matter if they tarnish reputations, ruin lives or enable tyranny, they do not care because that is their goal. They hate the idea of self-defense, freedom, liberty so much they will tell any lie, allow any number of people to die needlessly to further their agenda. Blind hatred that cannot be reasoned with or bargained with. Nor should we try.

So what is your reputation worth? To the 2nd Amendment people who have dealt with this scam, whoever is behind it, their reputation matters. But they are willing to put it on the line to get the word out to warn others and protect them from it. To the Sheriff who was apparently in full virtue signaling, gun control mode who spent his time at the cnn #FakeNews townhall attacking the NRA and it’s representative, it is hollow, falsely built up reputation. He seeks to enhance his by doing nothing of value and causing harm. He knew at the time his deputies were outside the building as the children were being killed. Unless he is dumb as a box of rocks, it should have crossed his mind had a teacher been armed perhaps the carnage could have been lessened. None of that mattered. Blind unreasoning hatred. His reputation is dust, may the wind soon blow it away.

 

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinteresttumblrmail

Huh. I thought assaulting anyone was already a crime

…including reporters.

H.R _____ Journalist Protection Act
To amend title 18, United States Code, to provide a penalty for assault against journalists, and for other purposes.

But I guess I was wrong. So unless/until this passes, I’ve got this little list…

But seriously: This makes so-called “journalists” a special protected class, somehow more important than the little serfs being educated informed by their betters.

How special? Read § 120 (d)(2) for the oh-so-carefully crafted definition of “journalists.” Bloggers need not apply.

I could’ve sworn I’d once read something about “equal protection of the laws”. Guess I was mistaken; my bad.

Feel free to tell Rep. Eric Swalwell [D-CA-15] (yeah, you knew it had to be a Dim… and from the PRK, right) what you think.

Email webform here
(Zip code required: 94505 should work)

Phone:
For Washington, DC, please call 202-225-5065.
For the district office in Castro Valley, please call 510-370-3322.


Carl is an unpaid TZP volunteer. If you found this post useful, please consider dropping something in his tip jar.

paypal_btn_donateCC_LG


Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinteresttumblrmail

[UPDATE] Oops: “Authorized Urinalists”

I originally posted this on my personal blog, Random Acts of Gibberish, but it’s too funny not to share with a wider audience.


Oopsie, someone has a little explaining to do

…to the ATF.

AJC.com, the Atlanta Urinal-Constipation just published a story claiming a reporter built an assault rifle.

I helpfully emailed authorized urinalist, Ken Foskett to explain that if that’s true, someone is going to prison.

Interestingly, it took some searching to find Foskett’s email address. AJC killed the link to the reporter staff directory. I guess they got tired of getting negative feedback from people who know they’re full of shit. Fortunately, they left the actual directory online; you should bookmark it.

Nice try, Foskett.

Yeah, you edited the article from this

to this

but you forgot to change the graphic.

I just had to send Foskett one more email.

Nice try.

But you forgot to change the graphic.

Fortunately, I kept screen shots of everything in case the ATF should ask.

I expect that graphic will disappear from the AJC site in 3… 2… 1…

UPDATE, 2/8/2018: They finally realized they still had the “assault rifle” image loading. It’s now gone. Further, they’ve set the original URL…

http://investigations.blog.ajc.com/2018/02/06/home-diy-project-build-your-own-ar-15-semi-automatic-assault-rifle/

..to redirect to this one, so “assault rifle” no longer appears in the address bar.

https://www.myajc.com/blog/investigations/home-diy-project-build-your-own-untraceable/GP69yaLThpUXrLeCLYYxKN/

But no mention that they edited the original story for content.

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinteresttumblrmail